We're answering all your questions about our Microdermabrasion Kit
We get it, the decision to make an investment into a new skincare product isn't easy. You've got so many options and so many questions that need to be answered, so we're answering it all for you now! This article will show you exactly how to incorporate the DermaTech Microdermabrasion Kit into your skincare routine.
What does the device do?
Our microdermabrasion device uses gentle suction and exfoliation to clear away dead skin cells and excess oil which unclogs your pores, boosting collagen production and helping your skin cells regenerate faster. It is commonly used for quick results in clearing away blackheads, reducing pore size, and removing excess oil. Longer term benefits include achieving a more even skin tone, diminishing the appearance of blemishes, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and seeing overall smoother, clearer skin.
How should I prep my skin before doing a microdermabrasion treatment?
- Charge your device and choose a device heads (or multiple heads) that you would like to use for your treatment.
- Cleanse and dry your skin thoroughly.
How should I conduct a microdermabrasion treatment?
- Once you're ready, gently glide the device on your skin, starting from the middle and moving outwards.
- Change the device head as needed to target different needs for different parts of your face. The treatment should take about 5 minutes to go through your whole face.
- Follow up with a toner, serum (optional), and moisturizer. A serum is highly recommended as your microdermabrasion treatment will increase your skin's ability to absorb products, making the serum more effective.
How do I care for my microdermabrasion device?
- Clean the device heads thoroughly after each use using soap and water.
- Replace the filters every 2-3 uses.
How often should I do at-home microdermabrasion treatments?
We recommend using the kit once a week, twice if you have very oily skin.
Can I use my device to exfoliate my skin while also using chemical exfoliants?
Because the device already removes the top layer of dead skin cells and increases cell turnover, it shouldn't be used with chemical exfoliants such as hydroxy acids, malic, acid, lactic acid, etc. You should wait a few days after using such acids prior to completing a microdermabrasion treatment, ideally 7 days.
We hope that we've answered most of your questions! Are you ready to take your skincare to the next level with DermaTech Skincare? Take a look at our Microdermabrasion Kit here.