Why Microdermabrasion?Because of its long list of benefits, Microdermabrasion is one of the most popular advanced skin treatments on the market. Along with cleansing, exfoliating and illuminating the skin by clearing away the dead skin cells, microdermabrasion also has other lesser-known advantages. Keep reading to learn about
1. Improves internal skin healthA microdermabrasion treatment doesn’t only help your skin glow on the outside, it also improves your internal skin health. The vacuum suction exfoliation does a fantastic job at increasing blood flow and lymphatic circulation deep within the skin. This process means that more oxygen and nutrients can reach the cells, improving elasticity and overall skin health.
2. Reduces the appearance of fine linesIn addition to boosting internal skin health, microdermabrasion also helps reduce the external signs associated with aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Sounds too good to be true, right? Wrong! By removing the top layer of the epidermis, any dead skin cells sitting in and around fine lines and wrinkles are eliminated – making the lines and wrinkles much less noticeable.
3. Generates cell turnoverAs we age, our natural cell turnover slows down and can leave our skin looking tired, dull or lacklustre. Microdermabrasion works to stimulate collagen and speed up cell renewal and turnover. This process encourages the skin to create newer, younger-looking layers of skin, meaning the benefits of your microdermabrasion treatment continue long after your time in the clinic (or home-spa)!
4. Enhances product absorptionHaving regular microdermabrasion treatments will help to improve the effectiveness of your skincare products by increasing absorption by up to 50 per cent. Pro tip: after your microdermabrasion treatment, follow-up with a serum before applying moisturizer afterwards. Your skin will thank you!
5. Reduces pore sizeWhile microdermabrasion works to unclog your pores and clear congestion, it reduces pore size as well. While our pore size is mostly determined by genetics and age, they are also susceptible to enlargement due to a range of external factors (including poor hygiene, high oil flow and inflammation). Microdermabrasion uses exfoliation to keep pores clean and free of dirt, which in turn reduces inflammation, improves natural skin hygiene and controls excess oil flow.
DermaTech is here for your microdermabrasion needs! Click here to shop the at-home treatment kit.